Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why Poland?






















So, Poland was awesome! I cannot tell you how wonderful my experience was. I want to share with you the reason I went to Poland to begin with. I am sure that you have guessed that it has something to do with Maximilian Kolbe. Many of you know that I am a convert. I was baptized when I was 19 years old. Some of the first people I met on my journey of faith were the Father Kolbe Missionaries. They are a secular institute founded in Italy by a Conventual Franciscan by the name of Fr. Luigi Faccenda. Those women, the Fr. Kolbe Missionaries in West Covina, California, prepared me for my sacraments. Before doing that, they gave me the gift of love for Our Lady. They live in the spirit of St. Maximilian Kolbe and total consecration to Mary, the Immaculata. I learned to love Mary and the Miraculous Medal because of these great women and St. Maximilan Kolbe. St. Max believed that the Miraculous Medal was like a silver bullet that could win souls for heaven. That was my introduction to the Church – to my faith – to my life as a Christian.
I am a Daughter of Charity today because of the Miraculous Medal and St. Maximilian Kolbe. That’s how God brought me to this amazing life I get to live. The Daughters of Charity Motherhouse is the Chapel of the Miraculous Medal! St. Catherine Laboure, visionary of the Medal, was a Daughter of Charity. At this very moment, I am writing this blog from that very place. I am here in Paris, where St. Catherine once lived as a young sister, where Mary appeared to her and asked her to have the medal made. That’s how God can work!
I stopped by Poland to thank a very special person in my life. I went to Auschwitz to thank St. Maximilian Kolbe for my faith and for my vocation. I went to Auschwitz to honor all of the people who perished there and in all of the camps of World War II. I went to Poland because I have a great life and I am so grateful!
St. Maximilian Kolbe – Pray for us!
O, Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you!

Thank you Antonella, Fr. Kolbe Missionary, for making my trip so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment