Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thank you Poland!

Pope Cake!
Pope John Paul II's Home


Stairs down Wawel tower


The view from the top of Wawel Tower


Bell at Wawel Tower




Alright Friends! I have one last Poland update. I can’t believe that a little over a week ago I left the United States for the very first time. Since then, I traveled to different areas of Poland, and now I am here in Paris at our Motherhouse.
Before sharing about the amazing happenings in Paris, I want to share a few things more about Poland.
I had the opportunity to visit Krakow. Krakow is an old city with lots of history. It was once the capitol of Poland. It is in Krakow that Wawel Castle and Cathedral is located. In that place is buried kings and queens from centuries ago. There is a tower that you can climb to look over that beautiful city. I climbed the steps to the top with Sr. Olga my translator. It was challenging and a bit rugged, but we made it. It was worth the view of the city and the big bell.
I also had the opportunity to visit Wadawice. That is the town that Pope John Paul II was from. It’s a great town, and we were able to walk through his house which is now a museum. Pope John Paul II had a favorite cake that came from Wadawice. Whenever he returned home to Wadawice, he always had some of this cake. Well, now it’s a tradition for visitors to eat “Pope Cake.” I enjoyed that also.
On another occasion, we were able to journey to Czestechowa - that special city where the image of Our Lady of Czestechowa is at the Monastery of Jasna Gora. That was a very special stop on my pilgrimage through Poland. It’s a holy place with many pilgrims visiting daily. She is so dear to the people of Poland – she is the Queen of Poland.
At the end of my journey in Poland, we were able to visit the Divine Mercy Sanctuary and the convent where St. Faustina was given the gift of a visit from Our Lord and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to share with the whole world.
I am so grateful that I was given the privilege of visiting such a wonderful place. The faith of the people of Poland is tangible and visible. How could a country go wrong when their Queen is the Immaculata? God Bless Poland!

1 comment:

  1. I really look forward to reading your entries - great sharing!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete