Monday, September 6, 2010

The Motherhouse


So, what’s this European Adventure really about? You’re looking at it. That’s what it’s all about. It’s all about touching something that is so dear to me and to all Daughters of Charity throughout the world. It’s about a journey to the heart of our community – a journey that began here in Paris. I guess it really began at the births of St. Louise de Marillac and St. Vincent de Paul. It began with their responses to God’s call to follow Him – to follow him in serving those who are poor, most in need, the outcasts, the unwanted, the sick, the imprisoned, the hungry, thristy….and the list goes on.
I have the awesome privilege of spending some time at the heart of this amazing group of women who continue to follow that first call – who live in the Spirits of St. Louise and St. Vincent.
The picture I have included with this post is of our Chapel here at the Motherhouse. It is called the Chapel of the Miraculous Medal. It is THE Chapel of the Miraculous Medal. This is where Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure and asked her to have the medal struck. This is where Catherine had more than one visit with Mary. This is where Catherine’s incorrupt body is resting for us to see and witness to. Nearly two million pilgrims journey to this chapel each year. It is a place of great faith and devotion. All day long there are pilgrims who stop in to pay a visit, say a prayer, ask for a blessing, say a prayer of thanksgiving.
I am still in a little shock that I get to be here in this place. I get to kneel at the altar and thank God for my life, my family, my loved ones, my dear vocation, and so much more.

2 comments:

  1. It is so awesome to just be in the Motherhouse chapel. I can picture Mary leaning down, smiling at you and at all of her children there. I am praying that she pours abundant graces on you each day that you are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa ... what an amazing journey you have been having. You have been truly blessed. I.ve learned so much from your blog..its incredible!
    And of course what amazing beauty and holiness you have been experiencing. I'm so happy for you..all the best and peace to you...Pepe

    ReplyDelete